(1842 - 1880)
|Mother||Rosetta (?)2 d. 1892|
Spouse: Sarah Morris Oakley (23 November 1833 - 14 June 1911)
Life EventsEdward Hains was born in 1842 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, son of Isaac Hains and Rosetta (?).1,2
In 1870 he was a compositor, one who sets each letter into a frame ready for printing. They need the ability to read in "mirror image" which, statistically comes easier to those who are left-handed. Whether Edward was left-handed or not, I don't know.3
On 1 August 1872, Edward, married Sarah Morris Oakley, aged 38, daughter of David Dring Oakley and Annie Morris, in the residence of Mr Hains in Port Adelaide, South Australia. . They were married by Reverend Mr. Patchell, in the home of Edward's uncle, John Hains.1
He died on Wednesday, 26 May 1880, aged 38 years, from scropulous disease of the skin, glands & lungs.3
He was buried in the Jewish section, Row B, Site 27 of the West Terrace Cemetery, Adelaide, South Australia.4
- [S3] Marriage Registrations, South Australian Marriages 1842-1916.
- [S123] NSWs Birth, Deaths & Marriages, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/…
- [S71] Death Certificate Sighted and verified by Daryl Edmonds.
- [S189] Unknown name of person Burial List, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S1] Birth Registrations, SA Births 1842-1906.
Any corrections or additional information about this person, including photos, will be gratefully accepted. If you can help, please contact me by clicking on the "Compiler" name below.